Real Estate — November 2, 2012C2C Industrial Properties Inc. Enhances GTA Presence With Acquisition
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 2, 2012) - C2C Industrial Properties Inc. ("C2C" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:CCH) announced today that it has completed the acquisition of a property containing two well-maintained light industrial buildings aggregating approximately 82,000 square feet of gross leaseable area ("GLA") in Brampton, Ontario close to major highways and Pearson International Airport. The two buildings are 100% leased. The Company paid approximately $8.8 million for the property, including all due diligence and closing costs, satisfied by a new $5.25 million five-year mortgage bearing an interest rate of 3.75%, the issuance of 100,000 common shares of the Company to the vendor at a deemed value of $5.00 per share, equal to $0.5 million, with the balance in cash. The property was acquired at a going-in capitalization rate of approximately 7.5%.
Of the 100,000 common shares of the Company issued to the vendor, 20,000 were delivered on closing and the remaining 80,000 were delivered to an escrow agent to be held as security for the performance of the tenant of one of the buildings. The escrowed shares, subject to the security arrangements, will be released to the vendor on the basis of 1/4 of the shares on the first anniversary of the closing date, and the remaining 3/4 of the shares approximately 5 years from closing. These common shares will be subject to a four month hold period expiring March 3, 2013, in accordance with the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange Inc.
"We are pleased to be purchasing this property and enhancing our presence in the strong and growing Greater Toronto Area market," commented Chris Ross, President. "The transaction fits very well with our focus on a three-part strategic growth plan: to acquire properties with high initial capitalization rates, or purchases where we believe we can add incremental value over time through our active asset and property management programs or our proven development and re-development expertise."
About C2C Industrial Properties Inc.
C2C is a real estate investment corporation specializing in the acquisition, ownership and operation of light industrial properties across Canada. C2C currently owns 22 industrial properties totalling approximately 2.0 million square feet of gross leaseable area. More information about C2C (TSX VENTURE:CCH) is available at www.c2cip.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This document contains forward-looking statements relating to C2C and the industry in which it operates and its strategy, action plans and investments, which may involve estimates, forecasts and projections. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict and/or are beyond C2C's control. Consequently, readers should not place any undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release. C2C is under no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained herein should material facts change due to new information, future events or other factors, unless otherwise required to do so by applicable law. All forward-looking statements attributable to C2C are expressly qualified by these cautionary statements.
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
CanWel Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-14)
Tree Island Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-13)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- PCL Constructors works on Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto
- Tower Hill unveils 56-storey condo tower project
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- London association withdraws from COCA
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial