Real Estate — August 23, 2012Morguard North American Residential REIT Announces Increase of Previously Announced Public Offering to $150.7 Million of Trust Units
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Aug. 23, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN THE UNITED STATES OR OVER UNITED STATES WIRE SERVICES
Morguard North American Residential Real Estate Investment Trust (the "REIT") (TSX:MRG.UN) announced today that, due to increased investor demand, it has amended the terms of its previously announced public offering of trust units. The REIT has reached an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters co-led by RBC Capital Markets and TD Securities, with RBC Capital Markets acting as bookrunner (collectively, the "Underwriters"), to issue to the public, subject to regulatory approval, on a bought deal basis, 12,720,000 trust units (the "Units") at a price of $11.85 per Unit (the "Offering") representing gross proceeds of $150,732,000.
As part of the transaction, Morguard Corporation has agreed to purchase approximately $50 million of the Units being offered, being 4,220,000 Units, at the offering price. Morguard Corporation currently holds an approximate 67.6% effective interest in the REIT through ownership of all of the Class B LP Units of the limited partnership used to acquire interests in multi-unit residential properties in Canada and the United States. The REIT holds all Class A LP units of the limited partnership. After the offering Morguard Corporation will hold an approximate 56.2% effective interest in the REIT through ownership of Units and Class B LP Units.
The net proceeds from the Offering will be used to repay indebtedness, to fund future property acquisitions, and for general trust purposes.
The REIT will, by August 28, 2012, file with the securities commissions and other similar regulatory authorities in each of the provinces and territories of Canada a preliminary short form prospectus relating to the issuance of the Units. Closing of the Offering is expected to occur on or about September 12, 2012.
The Units have not been, nor will they be, registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered, sold or delivered, directly or indirectly, in the United States or to, or for the account or benefit of, "U.S. persons" (as defined in Regulation S under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended). This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the Units in the United States or to, or for the account or benefit of, U.S. Persons.
About Morguard North American Residential REIT
The REIT is an unincorporated, open-ended real estate investment trust established under the laws of the Province of Ontario. The REIT has been formed to own multi-unit residential properties in Canada and the United States. Concurrently with the completion of the initial public offering of trust units, the REIT indirectly acquired from Morguard Corporation, through a limited partnership, interests in a portfolio of 14 Canadian multi-unit residential properties and five U.S. multi-unit residential properties consisting of interests in 6,036 residential suites that are located in Ontario, Alberta, Louisiana and Florida.
Certain information in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding the outlook for the REIT's business results of operations. Forward-looking statements use the words "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "may," "should," "intend," "estimate" and other similar terms, which do not relate to historical matters. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results to differ materially from those indicated. Such factors include, but are not limited to, general economic conditions, the availability of new competitive supply of commercial real estate that may become available either through construction or sublease, the REIT's ability to maintain occupancy and to lease or re-lease space on a timely basis at current or anticipated rates, tenant bankruptcies, financial difficulties and defaults, changes in interest rates, changes in operating costs, the REIT's ability to obtain adequate insurance coverage at a reasonable cost and the availability of financing. The REIT believes that the expectations reflected in forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions; however, the REIT can give no assurance that actual results will be consistent with these forward-looking statements. Except as required by applicable law, the REIT disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Readers should be cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements.
K. (Rai) Sahi
Chief Executive Officer
Beverley G. Flynn
General Counsel & Secretary
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
CanWel Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-14)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Multi-employer approach needed in apprenticeships
- New Perspective
- ACEC’s input helps develop global engineering guidelines
- Clerk of works position gives peace of mind on projects
- World Trade Center developer’s plan for a 926-foot tower moving ahead
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- Cold spring and weak construction hurt Deere’s 2013 predictions
- CanBIM reschedule June session
- More green roofs top Toronto buildings
- Witness recants testimony in Montreal corruption case
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial