Real Estate — August 21, 2012Canderel Acquires Ironwood Professional Building in Edmonton, Alberta
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Aug. 21, 2012) - Canderel announced today that it has acquired the Ironwood Professional Building, in Edmonton Alberta. This 83,995 square foot office building located downtown represents Canderel's latest expansion within Western Canada. Bryce Margetts, VP Western Canada said, "We have a great deal of confidence in the Edmonton office market and with vacancy rates easing and rental rates starting to rise, we felt this was the right time to invest there".
The Ironwood Building, located at 10050 112th Street NW, is a 10 story office tower with approximately 12% vacancy. It is located in the Oliver District, just west of the financial core and close to the Alberta Legislature.
Canderel is evaluating other transactions in Alberta at this time.
The Canderel Group of Companies is comprised of several fully integrated, commercial real estate companies with its headquarters in Montreal. Since 1975, Canderel has grown to become one of the most successful real estate development and management organizations in eastern Canada. Founded by Jonathan Wener, Canderel has established an enviable reputation for its integrity as a major real estate development company and for its sound judgment and knowledge of the commercial, multi-residential and industrial real estate business.
Over the years, Canderel has been intimately involved in all aspects of commercial property development, including land assembly, acquisition and disposal, planning, design, construction, project management, leasing, finance, and property and asset management. The group's principal development activities are in the office, commercial, industrial and residential markets of Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver, in Canada. Canderel's success to date is largely a reflection of its unique ability to direct all facets of real estate projects, either on its own behalf, for its clients, or in joint venture with partners.
Bryce R. Margetts
Vice-President, Western Canada
Canderel Pacific Investments Inc.
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
CanWel Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-14)
Tree Island Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-13)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- PCL Constructors works on Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto
- Tower Hill unveils 56-storey condo tower project
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- London association withdraws from COCA
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial