Government of Canada/Public Works — August 20, 2012Harper Government Announces Community Consultations for the Redevelopment of Tunney's Pasture
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Aug. 20, 2012) - Today, Foreign Affairs Minister and Member of Parliament for Ottawa West-Nepean John Baird, on behalf of the Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, announced the launch of community consultations for the redevelopment of Tunney's Pasture.
These consultations will be key to involving the National Capital community as the Government develops a 25-year vision for Tunney's Pasture in Ottawa to guide the future growth and development of the site and to ensuring more effective and efficient use of the land. The Tunney's Pasture site will continue to play an important role in meeting the long-term federal accommodation needs in the National Capital Region and will provide a safe, leading-edge, high-quality, healthy and green working environment.
Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) is in the process of completing a master plan that will provide it with the direction needed for major investment in existing buildings and future development. The Tunney's Pasture master plan website enables stakeholders and the public to view options for the site and provide their feedback.
"PWGSC puts great importance on its stakeholders, working with the City of Ottawa and receiving the views of citizens in the National Capital as well as hearing their concerns about the options being presented; that is why we want to hear from them," said Minister Baird. "The final result will be a master plan that will guide the growth and development of the site in a way that will ensure best value to Canadian taxpayers."
For more information on the master plan and the upcoming public consultations, visit www.pwgsc-tpsgc.gc.ca/biens-property/pdpt-tpmp/cn-bn-pp-eng.html.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PWGSC_TPSGC.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project