Construction/Building — August 9, 2012Retrocom REIT Announces Second Quarter 2012 Results
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Aug. 9, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES OR TO ANY NON-CANADIAN SOURCE
Retrocom Mid-Market Real Estate Investment Trust (TSX:RMM.UN)(the "REIT") today announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012.
- FFO, adjusted per unit increased by 16.3% to $0.114 per unit for the three months ended June 30, 2012 and by 29.6% to $0.219 per unit for the six months ended June 30, 2012.
- Net operating income increased 11.6% and 12.3%, respectively for the three months and six months ended June 30, 2012 compared with same periods in 2011.
- Funds from Operations, adjusted ("FFO, adjusted") increased by 33% to $5.7 million for the three months ending June 30, 2012 and by 47% to $10.7 million for the six months ending June 30, 2012, compared with same periods in 2011.
- Debt to Gross Book Value ratio as at June 30, 2012 has decreased to 53.3% from 56.2% at December 31, 2011.
- At Southland Mall, the REIT entered into a conditional agreement with Canadian Tire to lease 135,000 square feet representing 2.6% of the portfolio GLA.
- In place occupancy on June 30, 2012 was 88.2% and committed occupancy was 89.2%.
- On June 8, 2012, the REIT increased its operating line of credit to $28 million, maturing on June 30, 2014.
Operational and Financial Summary
- Net operating income ("NOI") for Q2, 2012 was $11.4 million, an increase of $1.2 million or 11.6% over the same period last year. For the six months ended June 30, 2012, NOI increased by $2.4 million or 12.3% over the same period last year.
- FFO, adjusted for Q2, 2012 was $5.7 million ($0.114 per unit), as compared to $4.3 million ($0.098 per unit) for the same period in 2011. FFO, adjusted increased by $1.4 million, or 33%. FFO, adjusted for the six months ended June 30, 2012 increased by $3.4 million or 47% over the same period last year.
- The REIT's average cost of mortgage debt was 5.48% at the end of Q2, 2012 as compared to 5.58% at the end of 2011 and at the end of Q2, 2011.
- The portfolio occupancy rate was 88.2% as at June 30, 2012, compared to 85.2% as at June 30, 2011.
- The REIT retains a solid liquidity position with approximately $19.4 million cash on hand.
Richard Michaeloff, President and CEO of the REIT, said, "The financial results for the second quarter continue to trend positively. We continue to improve occupancy and achieve rental rate growth on new and renewal leasing activity."
|Three months ended||Three months ended||Six months ended||Six months ended|
|June 30||June 30||June 30||June 30|
|(all amounts in $000's, except per unit amounts and ratios)||2012||2011||2012||2011|
|Rental revenue and other income||19,716||19,114||39,698||37,851|
|Property operating expenses||8,514||8,876||18,034||18,211|
|Property operating income||11,202||10,238||21,664||19,640|
|Share of joint venture net operating income||222||-||393||-|
|Net operating income(1)||11,424||10,238||22,057||19,640|
|Transaction costs on issuance of convertible debentures||-||1,957||-||1,957|
|Finance costs-distributions on Class B Units||1,025||1,025||2,050||2,050|
|Income before income taxes and fair value gains (losses)||4,604||1,209||8,544||3,242|
|Fair value losses associated with finance costs||(804||)||(1,047||)||(2,486||)||(8,515||)|
|Fair value gain (losses) on investment property||8,433||(3,158||)||7,516||(3,412||)|
|Fair value gains (losses) on participant's rights under LTIP||13||33||22||(23||)|
|Fair value loss on joint venture property||(362||)||-||(471||)||-|
|Loss from sale of investment property||-||-||(105||)||-|
|Income (loss) for the period||11,884||(2,963||)||13,020||(8,708||)|
|FFO, adjusted per unit||0.114||0.098||0.219||0.169|
|FFO, adjusted payout ratio||98.7||%||114.8||%||102.7||%||133.1||%|
|Distributions per unit||0.1125||0.1125||0.2250||0.2250|
(1)A non-IFRS measurement, calculated by the REIT as rental revenue (net rents, property tax and operating cost recoveries, as well as other miscellaneous income from tenants) less operating expenses for properties.
(2)The reconciliations from net income (loss) to Funds from Operations, adjusted are included in the REIT's MD&A.
The REIT's management considers Net Operating Income, Funds from Operations, Funds from Operations, adjusted, and Debt to Gross Book Value ratio to be indicative measures in evaluating the REIT's performance. The table above includes non-IFRS information that should not be construed as an alternative to net income or cash flows from operations and may not be comparable to similar measures presented by other issuers as there is no standardized meaning prescribed by IFRS.
Retrocom REIT will hold a conference call on Friday, August 10, 2012 at 12:00 noon (ET). Participating on the call will be members of the REIT's senior management.
Investors are invited to access the call by dialling 416-644-3417 or 1-877-974-0446. You will be required to identify yourself and the organization on whose behalf you are participating. A recording of this call will be made available Friday, August 10, 2012 beginning around 2:00 pm (ET) through to Friday, August 24, 2012. To access the recording, please call 416-640-1917 or 1-877-289-8525 and use the reservation number 4551398#.
About Retrocom REIT
Retrocom REIT is an unincorporated, open-end real estate investment trust which focuses on owning and acquiring retail properties across Canada with the goal of enhancing long-term Unitholder value.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as "may", "will", "should", "expect", "plan", "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "predict", "potential", "continue", and by discussions of strategies that involve risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements are based on certain key expectations and assumptions made by the REIT. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve numerous assumptions, inherent risks and uncertainties, both general and specific, that contribute to the possibility that the predictions, forecasts, projections and various future events will not occur. Although management of the REIT believes that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements will occur as anticipated. Neither the REIT nor any other person assumes responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of any forward-looking statements, and no one has any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or such other factors which affect this information, except as required by law.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, which may be made only by means of a prospectus, nor shall there be any sale of the Units in any state, province or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under securities laws of any such state, province or other jurisdiction. The Units of the Retrocom Mid-Market REIT have not been, and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered, sold or delivered in the United States absent registration or an application for exemption from the registration requirements of U.S. securities laws.
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
CanWel Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-14)
Tree Island Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-13)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- PCL Constructors works on Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto
- Tower Hill unveils 56-storey condo tower project
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- London association withdraws from COCA
- Cross-laminated timber first in Ottawa
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial