Government of Canada/Public Works — August 8, 2012Harper Government Awards Alaska Highway Maintenance Contract
FORT NELSON, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Aug. 8, 2012) - The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, today announced that the Government of Canada has awarded North Country Maintenance Inc. of Kelowna, British Columbia, a five-year contract for the maintenance of the Alaska Highway between Fort Nelson and the British Columbia-Yukon border.
"The Alaska Highway, a lifeline to the North, is a critical transportation link for thousands of Canadians, providing community access and facilitating commerce," said Minister Ambrose. "This maintenance contract will ensure the ongoing safety of the highway, create jobs and benefit the regional economy."
"Our Government is committed to maintaining the safety of our public infrastructure. These investments are part of an ongoing program to ensure that the highway is well-maintained and safe for travellers," said the Honourable James Moore, Regional Minister for British Columbia.
"Our Government is focused on what matters to Canadians-jobs, economic growth and long-term prosperity. Our investment in the Alaska Highway will not only generate long-term economic benefits for the entire region, but continue to provide safe access to the thousands of Canadians who rely on the Alaska Highway," said Bob Zimmer, MP for Prince George-Peace River.
Work under the $35,999,118.75 contract will include repairing highway surfaces and slopes, cleaning and repairing drainage ditches, removing snow, sanding and controlling ice, applying pavement line markings, and other maintenance tasks.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PWGSC_TPSGC.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
New Women's Centre Officially Opens in Labrador (2013-05-24)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 515 projects with a total value of $3,642,725,048 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$47,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Tenders
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$34,000,000 East Gwillimbury ON Prebid
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement