Real Estate — June 26, 2012C2C Industrial Properties Inc. Announces $22 Million Equity Private Placement to Pursue Growth Strategy and Increase Liquidity
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - June 26, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO UNITED STATES NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES
C2C Industrial Properties Inc. (the "Company" or "C2C") (TSX VENTURE:CCH), announce today that it proposes to issue up to 4,835,200 common shares of the Company at a price of $4.55 per common share for gross proceeds of up to $22,000,160 (the "Offering"). The Offering is conditional on exchange approval, with closing of such Offering anticipated to occur on or about July 17th, 2012. The net proceeds of the Offering will be used to repay certain short-term indebtedness incurred in connection with C2C's recently previously announced accretive acquisition of a portfolio of 7 multi tenant industrial properties located in Montreal, Mississauga and Edmonton. Any excess proceeds will be used to fund future acquisitions and for general working capital purposes. The Offering is being co-led by GMP Securities Inc. and Desjardins Capital Markets Inc.
Subsequent to closing of the Offering, the Company will have approximately 17.1 million common shares outstanding. This acquisition will increase the number of properties from 14 to 21 and increase the total GLA from 1.4 million to approximately 2 million square feet. In addition to assisting C2C in its mandate to be a leading consolidator of industrial properties across Canada, the Offering should enhance the trading liquidity of C2C's common shares.
"With the closing of the proposed accretive acquisition, we will have established a meaningful platform in four key industrial markets across Canada. Furthermore, the clustering of the properties in each market provides a diverse tenant base and allows C2C to implement and execute its previously stated value-add strategy for our portfolio," stated Chris Ross, President of the Company. "Over the past 12 months, we have grown the portfolio while maintaining a conservative pay-out ratio. In addition, our low pay-out ratio will provide us with the financial flexibility to take advantage of value add opportunities that offer the ability to increase both Net Asset Value per share and Adjusted Funds from Operations per share."
The securities to be issued by C2C have not and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "1933 Act"), or the securities laws of any state of the United States, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption therefrom under the 1933 Act and the securities laws of all applicable states.
The securities to be issued by C2C will be subject to a 4 month hold period under applicable Canadian securities laws.
About C2C Industrial Properties Inc.
C2C is a real estate investment corporation specializing in the acquisition, ownership and operation of industrial properties across Canada. Upon completion of the proposed portfolio acquisition, C2C will own twenty-one industrial properties totalling approximately 2 million square feet. More information about C2C (TSX VENTURE:CCH) is available at www.sedar.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This document contains forward-looking statements relating to C2C and the industry in which it operates and its strategy, action plans and investments, which may involve estimates, forecasts and projections. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict and/or are beyond C2C's control. Consequently, readers should not place any undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release. C2C is under no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained herein should material facts change due to new information, future events or other factors, unless otherwise required to do so by applicable law. All forward-looking statements attributable to C2C are expressly qualified by these cautionary statements.
The TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release.
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
CanWel Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-14)
Tree Island Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-13)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- PCL Constructors works on Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto
- Tower Hill unveils 56-storey condo tower project
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- London association withdraws from COCA
- Cross-laminated timber first in Ottawa
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 492 projects with a total value of $2,140,393,241 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$56,175,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$56,000,000 Chapleau Twp ON CANCELLED/ DEFERRED
$52,125,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial