Government of Canada/Public Works — June 22, 2012Minister Rona Ambrose Announces Request for Information for the Email Transformation Initiative
GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - June 22, 2012) - The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, announced today that the Government of Canada has issued a Request for Information (RFI) to seek industry feedback on the service delivery model for the Email Transformation Initiative.
"Our Government is committed to streamlining the delivery of information and services to Canadians while saving money, and ending waste and duplication," said Minister Ambrose. "Listening to industry feedback is essential so that we can buy smarter and get better value for taxpayers."
The RFI is a continuation of the industry engagement process, initiated with an Industry Day held on June 12, 2012, when the information technology (IT) industry from across Canada provided its preliminary input on the initiative's scope, potential solutions and service delivery options. In addition, one-on-one meetings between government representatives and the IT industry took place from June 13 to 15, 2012, with the oversight of an independent third party Fairness Monitor.
Public Works and Government Services Canada and Shared Services Canada are seeking further industry feedback from the RFI on the Email Transformation Initiative's mandatory requirements and asking specific questions on how the new email solution should be delivered and managed.
The RFI will also seek feedback on industry's ability to meet the anticipated evaluation criteria. The next step will include RFI workshops with the IT industry in July 2012.
"The Email Transformation Initiative will provide a consolidated, cost-effective and secure email platform for the Government of Canada," said Minister Ambrose. "By seeking the views and ideas of the IT industry, we are ensuring we have the best email solution possible."
The RFI, released by Public Works and Government Services Canada on behalf of Shared Services Canada, appears on the Government Electronic Tendering System known as MERX (www.merx.com). The RFI is not a bid solicitation and no contract will be awarded under the authority of this document.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PWGSC_TPSGC.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project