Real Estate — June 21, 2012The Association of Quebec Landlords (APQ): Good Landlord Seeks Good Tenant, and Vice Versa
MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - June 21, 2012) - A first in Quebec, on the eve of July 1, the Association of Quebec Landlords (APQ) wants to fulfill a desire emitted by many owners several years ago: to find a solution to narrow the gap of this duality between owners and tenants.
The owners wished to highlight their desire to serve their customers well in order to show the union of interests of each one: a good landlord wants a good tenant, but the opposite is quite as true.
"This analysis of the situation and the needs of each and every one has given life to new projects which allow the owners as much as the tenants to put forward their good attitudes. According to the analysis of the APQ, it is a bit like a social-meeting agency which validates the two interested parties, which is a first in Quebec," adds Martin Messier, the spokesman of the APQ (Association of Quebec Landlords).
For the tenants:
- The www.recherchedelogement.com website which wants to be a tool to find a housing ;
- The service of pre-qualification "vérifié/verified par/by the APQ" which makes it possible for the tenants, at the time of their visit, to prove without waiting their good financial practices and behaviour.
For the owners, in addition to the best service of evaluation of tenants available in Quebec:
- the Proprio-verified service: why not highlight that you are a good owner. Accompanied by professional photographs, verification of the antecedents of the building, satisfaction of the existing tenants,…
- the qualification service of the building: a service open to the owners and the tenants. The only means of highlighting that this building is the one where one wants to live!
It was only logical to offer access to these verifications to the tenants before renting a housing on the building and the services rendered, from where this new service « housing verified » of the APQ.
How does it work?
According to the type of verification chosen we will be able to carry out checks as well on the files related to the building before the Régie du logement, the City, the fire department service of the Régie du Bâtiment du Québec and to also know the satisfaction of a sample of tenants of the building.
Following this verification, the building could be seen being allotted the symbol "APQ Verified" : meaning that the whole of the file makes the building recommendable and a number of certificate making it possible to check the authenticity of the certificate on our Website www.apq.org
Good tenant and Good owner, why not the harmony?
Founded in 1984, the Association of Quebec Landlords (APQ) is the most important association to offer services to the owners of rental residences while being present in all the regions of Quebec.
514-382-9670, extension 218
Martin Messier, president
514-382-9670, extension 201
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$353,800,000 North York ON Prebid
$90,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$68,000,000 Oakville ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project