Construction/Building — June 21, 2012RioCan REIT Announces Public Offering of $125 Million of Series Q Senior Unsecured Debentures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - June 21, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO US NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION TO THE UNITED STATES
RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust ("RioCan") (TSX:REI.UN) announced today that it has reached an agreement to issue to the public on a bought deal basis, subject to regulatory approval, $125 million principal amount of Series Q senior unsecured debentures (the "Debentures").
The Debentures are being issued by a syndicate of underwriters co-led by RBC Capital Markets, TD Securities and Scotia Capital. The Debentures will carry a coupon rate of 3.85% and will mature on June 28, 2019.
The net proceeds will be used by RioCan to repay indebtedness, including indebtedness incurred in the ordinary course under RioCan's operating lines of credit, for property acquisitions, to fund development and for general trust purposes.
DBRS Limited ("DBRS") has assigned a preliminary rating of BBB(high) with a stable trend for the Debentures. It is a condition of closing that Standard & Poor's, a division of the McGraw Hill Companies, Inc. ("S&P") assign a rating of BBB- for the Debentures.
The offering is being made under RioCan's base shelf short form prospectus dated June 11, 2012. The terms of the offering will be described in a prospectus supplement to be filed with Canadian securities regulators. The offering is expected to close on or about June 28, 2012.
The press release shall not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities in any jurisdiction. The Debentures being offered have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 and state securities laws. Accordingly, the Debentures may not be offered or sold to U.S. persons except pursuant to applicable exemptions from registration.
RioCan is Canada's largest real estate investment trust with a total capitalization of approximately $13 billion as at March 31, 2012. It owns and manages Canada's largest portfolio of shopping centres with ownership interests in a portfolio of 333 retail properties containing an aggregate of 80 million square feet, including 46 grocery anchored and new format retail centres containing 12 million square feet in the United States through various joint venture arrangements. RioCan's portfolio also includes 10 properties under development in Canada. For further information, please refer to RioCan's website at www.riocan.com.
RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust
Executive Vice President & CFO
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
CanWel Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-14)
Tree Island Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-13)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- PCL Constructors works on Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto
- Tower Hill unveils 56-storey condo tower project
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- London association withdraws from COCA
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial