Construction/Building — June 14, 2012Black Diamond Group Enters Partnership With Beaver Lake Cree Nation
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - June 14, 2012) - Black Diamond Group Limited ("Black Diamond" or the "Company") (TSX:BDI), a leading provider of remote lodging, modular building and energy services in North America announced today that it has entered into an exclusive partnership agreement with the Beaver Lake Cree Nation (BLCN) near Lac La Biche, AB called Black Diamond Nehiyawak.
The partnership will address oilsands activity and other resource developments in the BLCN territory in northeastern Alberta.
"In the spirit of working together, Black Diamond's partnership with the Beaver Lake Cree Nation will provide the foundation for many long-term, successful projects," said Trevor Haynes, President and Chief Executive Officer, Black Diamond Group. "Together we intend to create business and employment opportunities that will have mutually beneficial impact for Black Diamond Group, the Beaver Lake Cree community and its people and to resource producers in the region."
Since 2009, Black Diamond Group Limited has been committed to working collaboratively and effectively with Aboriginal partners in the regions they conduct business. This is the third exclusive Aboriginal partnership Black Diamond has entered into, designed to provide sustainable, long-term benefit to the Aboriginal communities.
"This is a new step and a big step for Beaver Lake Cree Nation," said Chief Henry Gladue. "We are extremely excited about the potential for Black Diamond Nehiyawak."
About Black Diamond
Founded in 2003, Black Diamond Group Limited is one of North America's fastest growing remote lodging, modular building and energy services companies. With its corporate head office located in Calgary, Black Diamond provides world-class services to a full spectrum of industries including oil and gas, mining, power, construction, engineering, military, government and education.
Through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Black Diamond Limited Partnership, BOXX Modular Inc. and through its 50% equity participation in the Black Diamond Dene Limited Partnership and Black Diamond West Moberly Limited Partnership, Black Diamond operates four complementary divisions in thirteen strategic locations across Canada and the USA.
Black Diamond Camps rents and sells remote workforce housing and provides associated services; Black Diamond Logistics provides turnkey lodging services, remote facility management and supply chain solutions; BOXX Modular specializes in renting and selling a broad range of modular work space solutions and Black Diamond Energy Services rents and sells a complement of oilfield equipment and services.
Certain information in this news release contains forward-looking statements including. The use of the words "anticipate", "continue", "estimate, "expect", "will", "project", "should", "believe", "intend" and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements. Black Diamond and the BLCN believe the expectations reflected in those forward-looking statements are reasonable but cannot give any assurance these expectations will prove to be correct.
Black Diamond Group Inc.
President and Chief Executive Officer
(403) 264-9281 (FAX)
Black Diamond Group Inc.
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
(403) 264-9281 (FAX)
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
CanWel Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-14)
Tree Island Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-13)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- PCL Constructors works on Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto
- Tower Hill unveils 56-storey condo tower project
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- London association withdraws from COCA
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial