Real Estate — June 11, 2012Place du Canada Granted LEED® Existing Buildings: Operations & Management Certification
MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - June 11, 2012) - Place du Canada, located at 1010 de la Gauchetière in Montreal, held a luncheon for its tenants on Friday, June 8, to underline its recent achievement of LEED® Existing Buildings: Operations & Management (EB:O&M) Certification by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). Managed by Canderel for Credit Suisse, Place du Canada's certification project was completed with the assistance of Pageau Morel & Associates as consulting engineers.
The LEED® EB:O&M rating system was developed to enable building owners and operators to maximize their facility's efficiency while minimizing environmental impacts. Attaining Certification required major upgrades to the building's mechanical systems in order to maximize energy efficiency. Other highlights included redesigning the building's exterior landscaping to include drought resistant indigenous plant species, an expansion of our office recycling program to include fluorescent lamps and electronic waste and the construction of a secure storage room for bicycles, showers and change rooms, to encourage occupants of the building to leave their car at home.
"It is with great pleasure that we announce the achievement of our first LEED® Certification for Existing Buildings within our managed properties. Canderel understands that environmentally responsible growth not only includes a focus on developing efficient new building projects but also the greening of Canada's existing building stock," said Jonathan Wener, Chairman of the Canderel Group of Companies. "We applaud the initiative and substantial financial commitment by Credit Suisse, the owners of Place du Canada. Without their support this important achievement would not have materialized. Credit Suisse, who invest in real estate globally, understood the benefits of LEED® accreditation and this accomplishment reinforces their corporate commitment to improving the environment. Moving forward, we will continue our efforts to minimize our environmental footprint across all our activities."
The Canderel Group of Companies is comprised of several fully integrated, commercial real estate companies with its headquarters in Montreal. Since 1975, Canderel has grown to become one of the most successful real estate development and management organizations in eastern Canada. Founded by Jonathan Wener, Canderel has established an enviable reputation for its integrity as a major real estate development company and for its sound judgment and knowledge of the commercial, multi-residential and industrial real estate business.
Over the years, Canderel has been intimately involved in all aspects of commercial property development, including land assembly, acquisition and disposal, planning, design, construction, project management, leasing, finance, and property and asset management. The group's principal development activities are in the office, commercial, industrial and residential markets of Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver, in Canada. Canderel's success to date is largely a reflection of its unique ability to direct all facets of real estate projects, either on its own behalf, for its clients, or in joint venture with partners.
Daniel D. Peritz
Senior Vice-President, Montreal & Ottawa
Canderel Management Inc.
514 842-8636, ext. 1286
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project