Government of Canada/Public Works — May 31, 2012Minister Ambrose Announces Launch of Industry Consultations for the Email Transformation Initiative
GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - May 31, 2012) - The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, today announced that Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) and Shared Services Canada (SSC) will hold an Industry Engagement Day on June 12, 2012, in Ottawa, on the Email Transformation Initiative.
"Our Government is committed to streamlining the delivery of information and services to Canadians while saving money, and ending waste and duplication," said Minister Ambrose. "Input from industry is essential so that we can buy smarter and get better value for Canadian taxpayers."
The Email Transformation Initiative will provide a modern email platform for the Government of Canada. This will include replacing the separately managed and distinct email systems now used in our partner federal departments and agencies where SSC provides IT infrastructure services. SSC will make the new email platform available to other federal organizations on a cost recovery basis.
SSC's objective is to implement the consolidated solution by 2014-2015. It will improve productivity and provide economies of scale. At the same time, it will increase the security of the Government of Canada's email systems and facilitate Canadians' access to federal government employees.
PWGSC and SSC are engaging the IT industry to ensure fairness, openness and transparency in the procurement process. Industry Engagement Day will be an opportunity for the IT industry to provide input on the initiative's scope, potential solutions and service delivery options. Following Industry Engagement Day, companies and industry associations will have the opportunity to participate in further meetings with PWGSC and SSC to continue discussions. The next step will be the posting of a Request for Information to industry in the following weeks.
The Industry Engagement Day notice, released by PWGSC on behalf of SSC, appears on the Government Electronic Tendering System known as MERX (www.merx.com). Please note that the Industry Engagement Day is for industry representatives and will not be open to the media.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PWGSC_TPSGC.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 381 projects with a total value of $3,359,995,864 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$60,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of 21st, 2014
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic