Government of Canada/Public Works — March 1, 2012Minister Ambrose Announces Request for Proposals for Tank Replacement Project Sub-Calibre Training Devices
GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - March 1, 2012) - The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, announced today that the Government of Canada has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) to acquire sub-calibre training devices for the Canadian Leopard 2A4 tanks.
"Our Government is committed to providing our men and women in uniform with the best possible equipment they need to do their jobs at home and abroad," said Minister Ambrose. "We're undertaking procurement that provides the best value for Canadian taxpayers while upholding our fundamental tenets of fairness, openness and transparency."
The Tank Replacement Project is a part of the Canada First Defence Strategy's commitment to rebuild the Canadian Forces and ensure they are well-equipped to take on the challenges of the 21st century. The Government of Canada is actively procuring the equipment to replace the Department of National Defence's current main battle tank fleet. The Leopard 2 played a crucial role in Afghanistan and its heavy armour capability helped to save the lives of Canadian troops in the field.
The Leopard 2 sub-calibre training device is inserted into a barrel of the 120mm main gun on the Leopard 2A4 tanks. It is used to train military personnel on the Leopard 2A4 tanks at different locations in Canada.
The RFP is for the purchase of up to 11 Leopard 2 sub-calibre training devices. It includes training for its use, manuals, along with two years of life-cycle support including maintenance, upgrades and integrated logistics support.
The RFP, released by Public Works and Government Services Canada on behalf of the Department of National Defence, appears on the Government Electronic Tendering Systemknown as MERX (www.merx.com).
The contract award is expected to be announced in the spring or early summer of 2012.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-11)
Nouvelle maison d'hébergement d'urgence à Melfort (2014-04-11)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$135,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$82,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant