Government of Canada/Public Works — March 1, 2012Minister Ambrose Announces Request for Proposals for Tank Replacement Project Sub-Calibre Training Devices
GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - March 1, 2012) - The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, announced today that the Government of Canada has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) to acquire sub-calibre training devices for the Canadian Leopard 2A4 tanks.
"Our Government is committed to providing our men and women in uniform with the best possible equipment they need to do their jobs at home and abroad," said Minister Ambrose. "We're undertaking procurement that provides the best value for Canadian taxpayers while upholding our fundamental tenets of fairness, openness and transparency."
The Tank Replacement Project is a part of the Canada First Defence Strategy's commitment to rebuild the Canadian Forces and ensure they are well-equipped to take on the challenges of the 21st century. The Government of Canada is actively procuring the equipment to replace the Department of National Defence's current main battle tank fleet. The Leopard 2 played a crucial role in Afghanistan and its heavy armour capability helped to save the lives of Canadian troops in the field.
The Leopard 2 sub-calibre training device is inserted into a barrel of the 120mm main gun on the Leopard 2A4 tanks. It is used to train military personnel on the Leopard 2A4 tanks at different locations in Canada.
The RFP is for the purchase of up to 11 Leopard 2 sub-calibre training devices. It includes training for its use, manuals, along with two years of life-cycle support including maintenance, upgrades and integrated logistics support.
The RFP, released by Public Works and Government Services Canada on behalf of the Department of National Defence, appears on the Government Electronic Tendering Systemknown as MERX (www.merx.com).
The contract award is expected to be announced in the spring or early summer of 2012.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$70,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job