Government of Canada/Public Works — March 1, 2012Minister Ambrose Announces Request for Proposals for Tank Replacement Project Sub-Calibre Training Devices
GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - March 1, 2012) - The Honourable Rona Ambrose, Minister of Public Works and Government Services and Minister for Status of Women, announced today that the Government of Canada has issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) to acquire sub-calibre training devices for the Canadian Leopard 2A4 tanks.
"Our Government is committed to providing our men and women in uniform with the best possible equipment they need to do their jobs at home and abroad," said Minister Ambrose. "We're undertaking procurement that provides the best value for Canadian taxpayers while upholding our fundamental tenets of fairness, openness and transparency."
The Tank Replacement Project is a part of the Canada First Defence Strategy's commitment to rebuild the Canadian Forces and ensure they are well-equipped to take on the challenges of the 21st century. The Government of Canada is actively procuring the equipment to replace the Department of National Defence's current main battle tank fleet. The Leopard 2 played a crucial role in Afghanistan and its heavy armour capability helped to save the lives of Canadian troops in the field.
The Leopard 2 sub-calibre training device is inserted into a barrel of the 120mm main gun on the Leopard 2A4 tanks. It is used to train military personnel on the Leopard 2A4 tanks at different locations in Canada.
The RFP is for the purchase of up to 11 Leopard 2 sub-calibre training devices. It includes training for its use, manuals, along with two years of life-cycle support including maintenance, upgrades and integrated logistics support.
The RFP, released by Public Works and Government Services Canada on behalf of the Department of National Defence, appears on the Government Electronic Tendering Systemknown as MERX (www.merx.com).
The contract award is expected to be announced in the spring or early summer of 2012.
Ce texte est également disponible en français.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Office of the Honourable Rona Ambrose
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces March 2014 Cash Dividend (2014-03-06)
Retrocom REIT Announces 2013 Results (2014-03-06)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project