Visit Green Building at Journal of Commerce
December 2, 2013
The International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) and the European Federation of Engineering Consultancy Associations (EFCA) have released a new set of practical guides for use by those involved in developing infrastructure.
November 12, 2013
In a few weeks, approximately 30,000 people from all over the world will descend upon the city of Philadelphia for the Greenbuild International Conference & Expo, which features three days of extensive educational programming, workshops and showcases of the latest green products and services.
November 6, 2013
The provincial government plans to create green bonds to finance environmentally friendly infrastructure projects across Ontario, including transit projects.
November 5, 2013
RBC and B+H Architects have announced the launch of the second annual Evolve Sustainable Design Competition for university students in Canada. This year, Evolve challenges student teams to design a net-zero energy and water-wise sports institute.
October 29, 2013
Construction will begin this fall on a Haldimand County solar project that its developers say will be Canada’s largest.
October 2, 2013
The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) will display over 4,000 LEED projects front and centre as part of World Green Building Week which runs from Sept. 16-20.
October 1, 2013
The Toronto Green Standard has been updated to include higher energy conservation targets for new buildings.
September 24, 2013
The Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning has opened at The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) in Toronto, bringing 2,000 researchers, trainees and staff previously dispersed throughout six buildings under one roof.
September 19, 2013
Target’s move into Canada aims to be a greener one, as the giant U.S. company announced that 44 additional Canadian locations have been awarded LEED certification.
September 13, 2013
The six-acre solar rooftop project on top of a Vine Fresh Produce Ltd. greenhouse is an eyeopener under Ontario’s Green Energy Act, according to a specialist in the solar power industry.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 340 projects with a total value of $17,600,387,682 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$134,000,000 Mississauga ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$78,418,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Construct Canada celebrates silver anniversary
- Celsius Construction
- Seventy-five years later, OGCA guided by same core principles
- Unexpected find delayed Montreal bus terminal
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Aging bridges perfect candidates for aluminum: AAC
- Electric vehicle charging stations available at some GO stations
- Workers return to World Cup stadium after deadly accident
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Federal government promises to speed up construction of new Montreal bridge
- Liberals, NDP warn PC right to work bill would kill jobs and lower wages for all
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs