Visit Green Building at Journal of Commerce
April 21, 2014
CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
Following the Lac-Mégantic, Que. train derailment and the 2013 Calgary floods, the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) will provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in Lac-Mégantic and for homes in the Calgary region.
April 16, 2014
The Canada Green Building Council (CGBC) has announced that LEED projects in the country are off to a strong start in 2014, with 140 news certifications as of March 31, 2014.
April 14, 2014
With the prospect of an election growing more likely every day, the minority Liberals’ spring budget may turn out to be more campaign platform than peace treaty.
April 8, 2014
When Lafarge, the international cement and concrete giant, decided to build a duplex dwelling in Edmonton for Habitat for Humanity, there was quite a bit of comment among those who watch things like advances in “green” technologies.
March 6, 2014
There were a total of 574 Canadian projects that received LEED certification in 2013, the highest in any prior years, according to the Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC).
February 11, 2014
The Vistal II tower located on Montreal’s Nun’s Island has been certified LEED Gold by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC). The adjacent Vistal I tower was certified the same certification in 2011.
February 7, 2014
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has announced the 50,000th LEED-certified green housing unit has been reached.
February 7, 2014
The introduction of LEED v4 will take green building to the next level, announced the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC).
January 29, 2014
Export Development Canada (EDC) has priced its first Green Bond in the principal amount of US$300 million, reflecting EDC’s commitment to the environmental aspects of its Corporate Social Responsibility principles.
January 27, 2014
The University of Waterloo’s Faculty of Engineering is launching a graduate diploma in green energy to provide professional development for working engineers through real-time online learning.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding