September 27, 2013
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Construction progresses at the Leslie Barns new streetcar maintenance and storage facility the TTC is building at Lake Shore Boulevard East and Leslie Street in Toronto, Ont.
Pomerleau Inc. is general contractor for the state-of-the-art complex designed to the Toronto Green Standard. The project includes a storm water management pond, a green roof, and extensive landscaping. The facility will be connected to the streetcar network via Leslie Street and is scheduled to be fully operational in 2014.
The facility was designed by Aecom, Strassman Architects Inc., Gannett Fleming Inc., Brown and Storey Architects Inc. in association with Scott Torrance Landscape Architect Inc. with Aecom as the lead consultant.
Subcontractors include: Alstom/Cantech Consortium (track work); Azimuth Three Enterprises Inc. (structural steel); Bermingham Foundation Solutions Ltd. (caissons); Clearway Construction Inc. (earth work); Clifford Masonry Ltd.; Condor Signal & Communications Inc. (signalling); Etobicoke Ironworks Ltd. (miscellaneous metals); General Sprinklers Inc. (fire protection); Geosolv Design/Build Inc. (RAP installation); Inspec-Sol Inc. (geotechnical and environmental testing); Kimco Steel Sales Ltd. (reinforcement steel); Metrix (concrete); Ozz Electric Inc.; Regional Doors & Hardware Ltd. (doors); Ritz Architectural Systems Inc. (steel deck and exterior finishing); RJB Insulation Inc.; SPL Consultants Ltd. (environmental testing); Superior Door & Gate Systems Inc.; Tam-Kal Ltd. (HVAC); Terrafix Environmental Technology Inc. (geomembranes); Triumph Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc. (roofing); Urban Mechanical Contracting Inc. and Vujeva Surveys Inc.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project