September 27, 2013
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Construction progresses at the Leslie Barns new streetcar maintenance and storage facility the TTC is building at Lake Shore Boulevard East and Leslie Street in Toronto, Ont.
Pomerleau Inc. is general contractor for the state-of-the-art complex designed to the Toronto Green Standard. The project includes a storm water management pond, a green roof, and extensive landscaping. The facility will be connected to the streetcar network via Leslie Street and is scheduled to be fully operational in 2014.
The facility was designed by Aecom, Strassman Architects Inc., Gannett Fleming Inc., Brown and Storey Architects Inc. in association with Scott Torrance Landscape Architect Inc. with Aecom as the lead consultant.
Subcontractors include: Alstom/Cantech Consortium (track work); Azimuth Three Enterprises Inc. (structural steel); Bermingham Foundation Solutions Ltd. (caissons); Clearway Construction Inc. (earth work); Clifford Masonry Ltd.; Condor Signal & Communications Inc. (signalling); Etobicoke Ironworks Ltd. (miscellaneous metals); General Sprinklers Inc. (fire protection); Geosolv Design/Build Inc. (RAP installation); Inspec-Sol Inc. (geotechnical and environmental testing); Kimco Steel Sales Ltd. (reinforcement steel); Metrix (concrete); Ozz Electric Inc.; Regional Doors & Hardware Ltd. (doors); Ritz Architectural Systems Inc. (steel deck and exterior finishing); RJB Insulation Inc.; SPL Consultants Ltd. (environmental testing); Superior Door & Gate Systems Inc.; Tam-Kal Ltd. (HVAC); Terrafix Environmental Technology Inc. (geomembranes); Triumph Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc. (roofing); Urban Mechanical Contracting Inc. and Vujeva Surveys Inc.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job