September 27, 2013
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Construction progresses at the Leslie Barns new streetcar maintenance and storage facility the TTC is building at Lake Shore Boulevard East and Leslie Street in Toronto, Ont.
Pomerleau Inc. is general contractor for the state-of-the-art complex designed to the Toronto Green Standard. The project includes a storm water management pond, a green roof, and extensive landscaping. The facility will be connected to the streetcar network via Leslie Street and is scheduled to be fully operational in 2014.
The facility was designed by Aecom, Strassman Architects Inc., Gannett Fleming Inc., Brown and Storey Architects Inc. in association with Scott Torrance Landscape Architect Inc. with Aecom as the lead consultant.
Subcontractors include: Alstom/Cantech Consortium (track work); Azimuth Three Enterprises Inc. (structural steel); Bermingham Foundation Solutions Ltd. (caissons); Clearway Construction Inc. (earth work); Clifford Masonry Ltd.; Condor Signal & Communications Inc. (signalling); Etobicoke Ironworks Ltd. (miscellaneous metals); General Sprinklers Inc. (fire protection); Geosolv Design/Build Inc. (RAP installation); Inspec-Sol Inc. (geotechnical and environmental testing); Kimco Steel Sales Ltd. (reinforcement steel); Metrix (concrete); Ozz Electric Inc.; Regional Doors & Hardware Ltd. (doors); Ritz Architectural Systems Inc. (steel deck and exterior finishing); RJB Insulation Inc.; SPL Consultants Ltd. (environmental testing); Superior Door & Gate Systems Inc.; Tam-Kal Ltd. (HVAC); Terrafix Environmental Technology Inc. (geomembranes); Triumph Roofing & Sheet Metal Inc. (roofing); Urban Mechanical Contracting Inc. and Vujeva Surveys Inc.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Milton ON Tenders
$55,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Lennox and Addington Co ON Negotiated
- Youth get hands-on at Future Building expo
- Taskgroup to work on engaging Aboriginal communities
- World Cup stadium strike comes to an end
- Former Quebec construction boss admits collusion involvement
- Manufacturing labour shortage to get a boost from government
- LEED-approved projects are booming in 2014
- Large wave of project enter Holcim Awards competition
- Former finance minister Jim Flaherty has died
- Siemens Canada awarded first wind turbine order in Saskatchewan
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant