LATEST NEWS O H & S
January 14, 2013
HHCA construction forecast event Jan. 17
The Hamilton-Halton Construction Association (HHCA) is hosting its second annual construction forecast seminar Jan. 17 at the Waterfront Banquet & Conference Centre in Hamilton.
Association general manager Sandy Alyman said panelists will discuss construction market conditions moving forward into 2013 and beyond with details regarding development, construction and infrastructure investment in Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area.
“We like to start the year off with information regarding market conditions locally and globally and also provide an opportunity for members to hear from the buyers of construction about upcoming projects that will be going out to tender,” she said.
Speakers are: Mark Casaletto, vice-president and general manager, Reed Construction Data Canada; Neil Everson, director of economic development at the City of Hamilton; Jason Schmidt-Shoukri, chief building official with the City of Burlington; and Ron Taylor, chief real estate planning and development officer at Mohawk College. The registration fee is $40.00 plus taxes for HHCA members and $60.00 plus taxes for non-members.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job