October 30, 2012
JCM Capital sells 850-kW of rooftop solar photovoltaic projects
JCM Capital Ltd. (JCM) has announced that it has sold an 850-kW portfolio of rooftop solar PV projects in Ontario. The projects were originated, developed and financed to commercial operation by JCM. The buyer of the projects is BrightRoof Solar LP, a long-term owner of Ontario solar assets.
The portfolio consists of systems located on three commercial buildings, in Mississauga, Guelph and Kitchener. All systems are scheduled to be in service by the end of the year. The electricity they generate will be sold to the Ontario Power Authority under 20-year Feed-In Tariff (FIT) contracts.
“We are very pleased with this sale,” said Christian Wray, CEO of JCM. “BrightRoof is an ideal buyer for these projects, and will be a strong, reliable partner for the building owners over the life of the contracts.”
The projects are the first to be built under JCM’s strategic partnership with Panasonic Eco Solutions Canada. JCM said the projects will provide enough clean energy to power 110 homes, while offsetting 675 metric tons of harmful carbon dioxide from being released into the earth’s atmosphere each year – the equivalent of removing 130 cars from the road.
JCM Capital is a financial company that focuses primarily on financing and the co-development of renewable energy projects both locally and internationally.
The company provides renewable energy developers early-stage development capital and/or equity financing solutions for ‘construction-ready’ and operational renewable energy projects while offering strategic and project management support.
Current portfolios include rooftop and ground-mounted projects spanning from North to South America. The company is looking to expand its reach through the cultivation of new partnerships and associations.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 541 projects with a total value of $2,992,674,310 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$290,000,000 North York ON Prebid
$105,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Prebid
$75,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)