August 29, 2012
Highstar Building works on condos in Toronto Liberty Village
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work continues on the Liberty on the Park condominium project in Toronto.
Highstar Building Inc. is construction manager and CanAlfa Group is owner/developer.
The work includes one 15-storey and one 32-storey building with a total of 664 units, a shared podium and five levels of underground parking. There will also be retail at grade, a fitness room, media centre and lounge with occupancy scheduled to begin spring 2013.
The architect for the project is IBI Group. Consultants are Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural) and Able Engineering Inc. (mechanical/electrical).
Subtrades include: Fourwinds Construction Inc. (site work); The Fence People; Roman Metal Fabricating Ltd. (structural steel); Village Masonry; EIF Flooring; NG Marin Ltd. (drywall); Lido Construction Co. (carpentry); Primo Mechanical Ltd.; OZZ Electric Inc.; King Koating Roofing Inc.; State Window Corp. and Laven Associates Ltd. (landscape).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)