LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
August 23, 2012
Construction DJL inks $1.65 million sidewalk reconstruction contract in Montreal
The Montreal borough of Cote-des-Neiges—Notre-Dame-de-Grace recently approved several contracts, including one for $1,652,564.14 to Construction DJL Inc. for the reconstruction of sidewalks and curbs along borough streets.
"This roadwork brings the total investment in the CDN-NDG local road network to $6.2 million this year, the Ville de Montreal having added an extraordinary $4.2 million amount to the $2 million already invested by the Borough," the city stated in a press release announcing highlights of the Aug. 13 borough council meeting.
The borough council also awarded a $169,536.39 contract to B.P. Asphalte Inc. to build sidewalk projections and to reconstruct the intersection of Girouard and Notre-Dame-de-Grace Avenues.
Lanco Amenagement Inc. was awarded a $135,663.13 contract to repair baseball fields at Parc Loyola and Les Entreprises de Construction Ventec Inc. was awarded a $97,200.40 contract to repair low-rise stone walls at Parc de la place Darlington.
The amounts for all contracts included taxes.
Cote-des-Neiges—Notre-Dame-de-Grace is one of the 14 boroughs, or arrondissements, of Montreal, occupying an irregular shape northwest of Mount Royal.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$353,800,000 North York ON Prebid
$90,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$68,000,000 Oakville ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)