LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
August 17, 2012
Haughey appointed CEO of Churchill
The Churchill Corp. announced its new chief executive officer is Douglas J. Haughey.
Calgary-based Churchill operates general contractor Stuart Olson Dominion Construction Ltd., plus subsidiaries including Canem Systems, Laird Electric Inc., Insulation Holdings Inc. and Broda Construction Inc. The announcement of Haughey’s appointment came two months after Churchill announced that Stuart Olson Dominion’s president, Don Pearson, is retiring at the end of the year.
On July 31, Churchill appointed David LeMay as president and acting CEO, replacing James Houck. LeMay retains the title of president and is now the firm’s chief operating officer.
DCN DIGITAL MEDIA
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)