August 7, 2012
Hay River, Northwest Territories health centre moves forward
The territorial government has awarded the design and construction of the new health centre in Hay River, N.W.T. to local company Arctic Canada Construction Ltd. in partnership with Bird Design Building Construction Inc.
The new facility is slated to be state of the art and will provide primary care, acute and emergency care services and medical/surgical day care. It will also offer rehabilitation, dialysis, diagnostic and lab services, and a range of support services, including food services, laundry, maintenance, materiel management, medical records and pharmacy.
The operational planning and functional programming are complete and the next step will be to finalize the schematic design this fall. Work in the foundation is expected to begin in the spring. It is anticipated that there will be a three-year design and construction period and that the new health centre will open in the fall of 2015.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 541 projects with a total value of $2,992,674,310 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$290,000,000 North York ON Prebid
$105,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Prebid
$75,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)