August 7, 2012
Construction continues for the River City West Don Lands condos in Toronto
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Construction progresses on the River City West Don Lands Phase One condominiums in Toronto.
Builder/developer Urban Capital Property Group along with Bluescape Construction Management Inc. has completion of the project designed for LEED Gold certification scheduled for mid 2013. The work includes one 16-storey building and one seven storey building with a total of 349 units, one guest suite, an exercise room, outdoor pool and two levels of above grade parking. The architects for the project are Saucier + Perrotte Architects and ZAS Architects Inc.
Consultants are Adjeleian Allen Rubeli Ltd. (structural) and Smith + Andersen Consulting Engineers (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Coreydale Contracting Co. (excavation); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (caissons); Norak Steel Construction Ltd. (structural steel); Salit Steel (rebar); Dufferin Concrete; D. Zentil Mechanical Inc. and Nortown Electrical Contractors.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 515 projects with a total value of $3,642,725,048 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$47,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Tenders
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$34,000,000 East Gwillimbury ON Prebid
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)