August 7, 2012
Construction continues for the River City West Don Lands condos in Toronto
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Construction progresses on the River City West Don Lands Phase One condominiums in Toronto.
Builder/developer Urban Capital Property Group along with Bluescape Construction Management Inc. has completion of the project designed for LEED Gold certification scheduled for mid 2013. The work includes one 16-storey building and one seven storey building with a total of 349 units, one guest suite, an exercise room, outdoor pool and two levels of above grade parking. The architects for the project are Saucier + Perrotte Architects and ZAS Architects Inc.
Consultants are Adjeleian Allen Rubeli Ltd. (structural) and Smith + Andersen Consulting Engineers (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Coreydale Contracting Co. (excavation); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (caissons); Norak Steel Construction Ltd. (structural steel); Salit Steel (rebar); Dufferin Concrete; D. Zentil Mechanical Inc. and Nortown Electrical Contractors.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$353,800,000 North York ON Prebid
$90,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$68,000,000 Oakville ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)