August 1, 2012
Moncton permits hit $55.1 million in value
The City of Moncton recently announced it issued a total of 20 commercial and industrial building permits in May, including two for new commercial construction to Northwest Plaza Ltd., up from 13 in May of 2011.
In a press release July 12, the city announced it issued a total of 394 permits (including residential) year-to-date as of May 2012, for a total of $55.1 million worth of building projects. That compares to $98 million during the same period last year.
Major permits included two to Northwest Plaza Ltd. One was for a $1.2-million, 10,000-square-foot commercial building at 1278 Mountain Road and the other was for a $396,000, 3,300-square-foot retail plaza at 1400 Mountain Road.
Other major permits for new construction included a $600,000, 5,000-square-foot warehouse to Industrial Development Ltd. The city also issued renovation permits. One was issued to 059897 NB Inc. to renovate the Banque Nationale Du Canada at 735 Main Street, another was issued to J. Louis Levesque to replace a roof at Des Aigles Street.
DCN DIGITAL MEDIA
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$353,800,000 North York ON Prebid
$90,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$68,000,000 Oakville ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)