July 23, 2012
EllisDon works on GO Transit parking garage in Oakville, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Exterior work is moving along on the GO Transit parking structure in Oakville, Ontario. EllisDon Design/Build Inc. has completion on the six-level structure with almost 1,400 spaces scheduled for late 2012.
The owner is GO Transit, a division of Metrolinx, and the project was designed by WalterFedy.
Consultants are: MMM Group Ltd. (civil/structural/mechanical/electrical/transport); Birnie Electric; Butler Inspections (rebar and weld inspections); TerraProbe (geotechnical); Brodie & Associates Landscape Architects Inc. and Gas Design Communications (signage).
Subtrades include: Ragno Excavating; Albrecht Bros. Reinforcing Steel Ltd. (rebar); Hardrock Forming Co. (formwork); Armtec (precast); CBM (concrete); LJ Masonry; Vision Almet (misc. metals); VR Mechanical; Birnie Electric; Westmount Store Front Systems Ltd. (windows); Otis Canada Inc. (elevators) and Flynn Canada Ltd. (roofing).
Digital Media Editor's Note:
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on Metrolinx and its construction project by viewing company ID 842091 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page. Building Reports are published daily in Daily Commercial News and are available online to subscribers. See the Daily Top 10 for a sample of the information available.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 515 projects with a total value of $3,642,725,048 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$47,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Tenders
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$34,000,000 East Gwillimbury ON Prebid
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)