LATEST NEWS Steel
July 19, 2012
Darcon continues construction on Royal Gardens condos in Richmond Hill, Ontario
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
A worker saws rebar to size at the Royal Gardens condominiums phase one in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
Darcon Inc. is construction manager of the 11-storey, 227-unit building and completion is expected May 2013. The owner is Liberty Development Corp. and the project will include fitness facilities, a party room, a lounge, a hotel inspired guest suite and one level of underground parking.
The project was designed by Kirkor Architects and consultants are: NCK Engineering Ltd. (structural); Brutto Consulting (civil) and Able Engineering Inc. (mechanical/electrical).
Royal Gardens condos in progress
Digital Media Editor's Note:
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on the Royal Gardens Condominiums, and the companies involved in the project, by viewing project ID 9070891 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page. Building Reports are published daily in Daily Commercial News and are available online to subscribers. See the Daily Top 10 for a sample of the information available.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Multi-employer approach needed in apprenticeships
- New Perspective
- ACEC’s input helps develop global engineering guidelines
- Clerk of works position gives peace of mind on projects
- World Trade Center developer’s plan for a 926-foot tower moving ahead
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- Cold spring and weak construction hurt Deere’s 2013 predictions
- CanBIM reschedule June session
- More green roofs top Toronto buildings
- Witness recants testimony in Montreal corruption case
- Construction Site Arson
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)