July 12, 2012
Kenaidan continues construction on Mississauga, Ontario commuter parking garage
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work is taking shape on the new Erindale GO Station Parking Structure in Mississauga, Ontario.
Kenaidan Contracting Ltd. is the design/build contractor of the six-storey superstructure with space for 1,740 vehicles, a feature stair tower and an enclosed pedestrian bridge linking the parking facility to the train platforms. The owner is Metrolinx-GO Transit and the architect for the project is IBI Group. Prime consultant is Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. and mechanical/electrical consultant is MCW Consultants Ltd. Delcan Corporation is the owner’s consultant and completion is scheduled for May 2013.
Subtrades include: Topsite Contracting Ltd. (site services); H and S Equipment (excavation); Harris Rebar, a division of Harris Steel ULC (rebar); Kenaidan Contracting Ltd. (concrete formwork/placement); Canadian Iron Corp. (structural steel/steel deck); Ontario Redimix, a division of Holcim (Canada) Inc. (concrete); Mac Masonry Inc; Mattina Mechanical Contracting; Paynel Electrical Contractors Ltd.; Brascon Stainless Steel Fabricators Inc. (exterior metal screens/windows); Crowntech Aluminum and Glass (aluminum doors/windows/glazing); and KONE Inc. (elevators).
Erindale GO Station in progress
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Digital Media Editor's Note:
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on Metrolinx and its project by viewing company ID 842091 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports. More information on Kenaidan can be found by viewing company ID 35629.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page. Building Reports are published daily in Daily Commercial News and are available online to subscribers. See the Daily Top 10 for a sample of the information available.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- PCL Constructors works on Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto
- Tower Hill unveils 56-storey condo tower project
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- London association withdraws from COCA
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)