June 28, 2012
EllisDon works on Yorkdale Mall expansion in Toronto
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Inside work continues on the Yorkdale Shopping Mall South West expansion at 3401 Dufferin St. in Toronto, Ont.
General contractor EllisDon Corp. began the project in January 2011 and it includes expanding the mall’s ground level for 40 new retail stores over a new two-level parking garage.
The owner is Oxford Properties and completion has been scheduled for November 2012. The architect and consultant is MMC International Canada Architects and other consultants include: EXP Services Inc. (structural); The Mitchell Partnership (mechanical) and Hammerschlag & Joffe (electrical). Subcontractors include: Excon Excavation; Drillco Foundation Co. Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Harris Rebar; Avenue Forming; Lorvin Steel Ltd. (structural); Innocon Inc. (concrete); Clifford Masonry; Urban Mechanical; Ampere Electric; Paul & Douglas Automatic Sprinkler Ltd.; Ottawa Valley Glass; Semple-Gooder Roofing Ltd. and Schindler Elevators Corp.
Digital Media Editor's Note:
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on Oxford Properties Group and its current and planned construction projects by viewing company ID 271398 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page.
Building Reports are published daily in the Daily Commercial News. The Daily Top 10 Construction projects can be viewed online free of charge at the Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports web page.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
Yorkdale in progress
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$353,800,000 North York ON Prebid
$90,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$68,000,000 Oakville ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)