June 25, 2012
Rebar work continues on Morguard’ s Heath + Tweedsmuir in Toronto
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Rebar work continues at the Heath + Tweedsmuir rental towers Phase 1 and 2 at 320 Heath St. in Toronto. Construction manager PCL Constructors Canada Inc. began the work in May 2011 for owner Morguard Investments Limited and completion has been scheduled for September 2013.
The project includes two high-end 30-storey towers with 336 units and three levels of underground parking.
The project was designed by Page + Steele/IBI Group Architects and consultants are Stephenson Engineering Ltd. (structural) and MCW Consultants Ltd. (mechanical/electrical).
Subtrades include: Michael Bros Excavating-a Division of Royal Excavating & Grading Ltd.; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Mansteel Rebar Ltd.; Hardwall Construction (2005) Ltd. (formwork); RES Precast Inc.; Cult Iron Works Ltd. (structural steel); Innocon Inc. (concrete); Village Masonry Works Inc.; Urban Mechanical Contracting Ltd.; Nortown Electrical Contractors; State Window Corp.; Bothwell-Accurate Co. Ltd. (roofing) and Selco Elevators Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)