June 20, 2012
Life Construction works on Eden Park Towers Phase II in Markham, Ontario
HOWARD MANDEL/APERATURE IMAGING
A worker sweeps as construction progresses in the background at the Eden Park Towers phase two in Markham, Ontario.
Owner Times Group Corp. along with Life Construction Inc. began the work in March 2011 and completion has been scheduled for December 2013. The work includes two towers with 416 units, three levels of underground parking and 22 townhouses. The project was designed by Kirkor Architects & Planners and Life Construction Inc. Consultants are: Sigmund Soudack & Associates (structural); M.V. Shore Associates (1993) Ltd. (mechanical); and Trace Engineering Ltd. (electrical).
Subtrades include: Fourwinds Construction Inc. (site services) Michael Brothers (excavation); Rumble Foundation (Ontario) Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Resform Construction Ltd. (formwork); Harris Rebar (Rebar); Innocon (concrete); Denham Masonry Ltd. (Masonry); Global Plumbing and Heating Inc. (mechanical); OZZ Electric; Completely Wired (security system); KC Structural Ltd. (roofing); Sonata Kitchen Ltd. (cabinets); Gallant Marble Co. Ltd. (countertops); Greco Aluminum Railings (balcony rails); Duron Ontario Ltd. (waterproofing); Sky Window Technologies (windows) and Otis Elevator (Elevators).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Concrete parking building repairs could save costs
- New Pickering airport to help move growing population
- Man fined in construction site death of 12 year old Nova Scotia boy
- SNC-Lavalin hopes Algeria police raid will help to shed light on wrong
- MTO unveils new methods for road work
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 482 projects with a total value of $6,247,933,371 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$44,500,000 Waterloo ON Negotiated
$44,000,000 Sault Ste Marie ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Vaughan ON Tenders
- Infrastructure funding will boost economy: RCCAO
- Plant, Prep and Serve
- McManus to increase interaction in new OSWCA role
- Trade infrastructure funding study could grow economy
- U.S. housing starts remain on the upswing after strong May
- First set of arches installed on precast network arch bridge
- Toronto and Hamilton area roads make up half of CAA's worst roads list
- Crystal Clear
- Regina looking to annex adjacent land
- Pipeline oil spill highlighted during twinning debate
- Consulting engineers gathering in Lake Louise, Alberta
- Biased specs grounds for RFP redraft
- Incoming chair looks to the future
- Foreign worker court case led to reforms
- Shell Canada gets approvals for pipelines and gas well
- B.C. building permits rise, but Alberta declines
- Electronic migration
- Unauthorized water system shut down in Alberta
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)