June 19, 2012
PCL Constructors continues work at Bridgepoint Hospital in Toronto
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Exterior work has reached the top floor on the Bridgepoint Health Campus of Care at the Bridgepoint Hospital in Toronto.
PCL Constructors Canada Inc. have completion of the 10-storey, design-build project with over 500-beds scheduled for March 2013. The project also includes demolition and some restoration at the historic Don Jail site. The project aiming for LEED certification was designed by HDR Architecture Associates Inc./Diamond Schmitt Architects Inc. Consultants are: Halsall Associates Ltd. (structural); Smith and Andersen Consulting Engineering (mechanical/electrical).
Subcontractors include: Matt’s Excavating; Priestly Demolition Inc.; Clifford Restoration (Don Jail site); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; Harris Rebar; Alliance Forming; CBM (concrete);Oakdale Drywall; Limen Masonry; Modern Niagara Toronto Inc. (mechanical); Plan Electric; Bothwell-Accurate Co. Ltd. (roofing/siding); Sota Glazing (glass) and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.
Bridgepoint Health in progress
Digital Media Editor's Note:
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on PCL Constructors by viewing company ID 6045 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page.
Building Reports are published daily in the Daily Commercial News. The Daily Top 10 Construction projects can be viewed online free of charge at the Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports web page.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 515 projects with a total value of $3,642,725,048 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$47,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Tenders
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$34,000,000 East Gwillimbury ON Prebid
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)