June 19, 2012
PCL Constructors continues work at Bridgepoint Hospital in Toronto
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Exterior work has reached the top floor on the Bridgepoint Health Campus of Care at the Bridgepoint Hospital in Toronto.
PCL Constructors Canada Inc. have completion of the 10-storey, design-build project with over 500-beds scheduled for March 2013. The project also includes demolition and some restoration at the historic Don Jail site. The project aiming for LEED certification was designed by HDR Architecture Associates Inc./Diamond Schmitt Architects Inc. Consultants are: Halsall Associates Ltd. (structural); Smith and Andersen Consulting Engineering (mechanical/electrical).
Subcontractors include: Matt’s Excavating; Priestly Demolition Inc.; Clifford Restoration (Don Jail site); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; Harris Rebar; Alliance Forming; CBM (concrete);Oakdale Drywall; Limen Masonry; Modern Niagara Toronto Inc. (mechanical); Plan Electric; Bothwell-Accurate Co. Ltd. (roofing/siding); Sota Glazing (glass) and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.
Bridgepoint Health in progress
Digital Media Editor's Note:
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on PCL Constructors by viewing company ID 6045 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page.
Building Reports are published daily in the Daily Commercial News. The Daily Top 10 Construction projects can be viewed online free of charge at the Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports web page.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)