June 18, 2012
Builder search begins for new Ice Dogs rink
ST. CATHARINES, Ont.
The City of St. Catharines, Ontario recently issued a request for pre-qualifications for bidders for a design-build construction contract of a spectator facility.
The multi-purpose building would support a minimum of 4,500 seats, with the Niagara Ice Dogs, the local Junior A team in the Ontario Hockey League, as its anchor tenant. It would also be used for other entertainment events. The deadline for pre-qualification documents is June 22, and the city plans to complete the request for proposals process by September.
Three firms responding to the RFQ will be selected to make submissions for the RFP.
The anticipated construction budget is $42.5 million and the total facility budget is $50 million.
The planned location is at 55 McGuire St., currently known as the lower level parking lot.
DCN DIGITAL MEDIA
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 515 projects with a total value of $3,642,725,048 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$47,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Tenders
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$34,000,000 East Gwillimbury ON Prebid
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)