LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
June 29, 2012
Toronto retail developer Villarboit raises $85 million
Villarboit Retail Development Corp. of Toronto recently anounced it has raised more than $85 million to fund the development of what it calls a “Class A retail portfolio.”
In a press release, the firm stated it raised the money from an unnamed institutional investor plus “high net worth” individuals.
It has 1.4 million square feet of properties in various stages of development, leasing and construction.
Current projects include the 230,000-square foot Brookdale Center at Highway 401 and Whites Road east of Toronto in Pickering, the 400,000-square-foot Villamark Crossing north of Toronto in Markham and the 109,000-square-foot Brookdale Square in Cornwall.
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on Villarboit Retail Development Corp. and its construction projects by viewing company ID 237129 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page. Building Reports are published daily in Daily Commercial News and are available online to subscribers. See the Daily Top 10 for a sample of the information available.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Concrete parking building repairs could save costs
- New Pickering airport to help move growing population
- Man fined in construction site death of 12 year old Nova Scotia boy
- SNC-Lavalin hopes Algeria police raid will help to shed light on wrong
- New venue in St. Catharines to be the city’s first Gold-Seal project
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 544 projects with a total value of $1,665,691,502 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$44,000,000 Sault Ste Marie ON Tenders
$40,000,000 Toronto ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Newmarket ON Prebid
- Infrastructure funding will boost economy: RCCAO
- Plant, Prep and Serve
- McManus to increase interaction in new OSWCA role
- Trade infrastructure funding study could grow economy
- U.S. housing starts remain on the upswing after strong May
- First set of arches installed on precast network arch bridge
- Toronto and Hamilton area roads make up half of CAA's worst roads list
- Crystal Clear
- Regina looking to annex adjacent land
- Pipeline oil spill highlighted during twinning debate
- Consulting engineers gathering in Lake Louise, Alberta
- Biased specs grounds for RFP redraft
- Incoming chair looks to the future
- Foreign worker court case led to reforms
- Shell Canada gets approvals for pipelines and gas well
- B.C. building permits rise, but Alberta declines
- Electronic migration
- Unauthorized water system shut down in Alberta
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)