February 24, 2011
Construction continues on Jade Kennedy development in Markham, Ontario
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Work is moving up at the Jade Kennedy Development, South Unionville Square Phase One in Markham, Ont.
Construction manager for the two-storey retail project is Mady Contract Division Ltd. Completion has been scheduled for winter 2011. The project was designed by Turner Fleischer Architects Inc.
Consultants are Carruthers & Wallace/Y & V Engineering (structural) and LKM Consulting Engineers Inc. (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Ciro Excavating/Con-Drain Co. Ltd.(excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; Cromax Forming Ltd.; Toronto Redi-Mix Ltd. (concrete); Harris Rebar; United Floor Co. Ltd. (concrete floor); Besa Interiors (drywall); Global Mechanical; Dircam Electric; Global Fire Protection; Aluminum Window Designs Ltd.; Foran’s Roofing; Duron Ontario Ltd. (waterproofing); and Kone Inc. (elevators).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 340 projects with a total value of $17,600,387,682 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$134,000,000 Mississauga ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$78,418,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs