February 24, 2011
Construction continues on Jade Kennedy development in Markham, Ontario
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Work is moving up at the Jade Kennedy Development, South Unionville Square Phase One in Markham, Ont.
Construction manager for the two-storey retail project is Mady Contract Division Ltd. Completion has been scheduled for winter 2011. The project was designed by Turner Fleischer Architects Inc.
Consultants are Carruthers & Wallace/Y & V Engineering (structural) and LKM Consulting Engineers Inc. (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Ciro Excavating/Con-Drain Co. Ltd.(excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; Cromax Forming Ltd.; Toronto Redi-Mix Ltd. (concrete); Harris Rebar; United Floor Co. Ltd. (concrete floor); Besa Interiors (drywall); Global Mechanical; Dircam Electric; Global Fire Protection; Aluminum Window Designs Ltd.; Foran’s Roofing; Duron Ontario Ltd. (waterproofing); and Kone Inc. (elevators).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding