February 18, 2011
PCL Constructors continues work on health care complex in St. Catharines, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work has reached the top floor of the Niagara Health Care Complex & Walker Family Cancer Centre in St. Catharines, Ont.
The five-storey, design/build facility being built by PCL Constructors Canada Inc. will include a cancer centre for radiation treatment, a mental health centre, a cardiac centre, and patient rooms.
The project was designed by B+H Architects and Silver Thomas Hanley in a joint venture and is designed to meet LEED certification. Consultants are: Halsall Associates (LEED/structural/building envelope); Smith + Andersen (mechanical/electrical); Leber Rubes (life safety); A.M. Candaras (civil); and Soil-Mat (geotechnical).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$500,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
$500,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$358,545,063 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs