February 18, 2011
Bondfield Construction continues work on parking garage in St. Catharines, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Construction moves above-grade for the mixed-use Carlisle Street Parking Garage at Carlisle and King Streets in St. Catharines, Ont.
General contractor for the project is Bondfield Construction. There will be two levels below-grade and six storeys above with space for approximately 600 vehicles. There will also be commercial lease space and completion has been scheduled for spring 2011.
The owner is the City of St. Catharines and the architect is Macdonald Zuberec Ensslen Architects. Consultants are Halsall Associates Ltd. (structural); and Smith & Andersen Consulting Engineers (mechanical/electrical).
Carlisle Street parking garage in progress
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex