February 17, 2011
Vanbots continues work on Lebovic Jewish Community Campus in Vaughan, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Construction is moving along at the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Jewish Community Campus in Vaughan, Ont.
Construction manager Vanbots, a division of Carillion Construction Inc. has completion of the multi-level centre scheduled for early 2012. The work includes a fitness centre, dance/art studio, a daycare facility and two swimming pools. The project was designed by Petroff Partnership Architects.
Consultants are: Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); LKM Consulting Engineers Inc. (mechanical); and Hammerschlag & Joffe Inc. (electrical). Subtrades include: Ragno Excavating; Hardrock Forming Co.; Benson Steel Ltd. (structural steel); Gilbert Steel Ltd. (rebar); Innocon Inc. (concrete); Clifford Masonry; Modern Niagara Toronto Inc. (mechanical); Guild Electric Ltd.; Flynn Canada Ltd. (roofing); Duron Ontario Ltd. (waterproofing); Global Architectural Metals Inc. (windows); and Kone Inc. (elevators).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin