LATEST NEWS Skills Training
February 15, 2011
National Institute of Standards and Technology offers grants to build research facilities
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has launched a new competition for grants to support the construction of new or expanded scientific research facilities at institutions of higher education and non-profit scientific research organizations.
Through the NIST Construction Grant Program (NCGP), the agency expects US$20 million to be available for grants ranging from $5 to $10 million over a period of no more than five years.
The program provides competitively awarded, cost-shared grants for the construction of new science research buildings or the expansion of existing buildings, including laboratories, test facilities, measurement facilities, research computing facilities and observatories.
Since 2008, the program has provided over $250 million in grant funding for new or expanded facilities at 24 institutions across the nation to pursue research in topics ranging from earthquakes and ocean ecology to nanoscale engineering and quantum physics.
Proposed projects must complement the research goals of one or more of the U.S. Commerce Department’s three science agencies, NIST, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 312 projects with a total value of $3,995,378,733 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$150,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$144,000,000 Barrie ON Negotiated
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Dedicated transit fund for GTHA crucial: panel
- Rising Residences
- OHMPA paves new relationships with training partners
- Corporate Centre Cover Up
- Pipeline expansion project to go ahead
- Operators’ union grateful to CFB Trenton for crane operator rescue
- Panel approves Northern Gateway pipeline project
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 23rd, 2013
- Vancouver casino granted conditional permit
- Four LNG projects given 25-year export licences
- Kinder Morgan applies for Trans Mountain Pipeline twinning
- What will it take to improve infrastructure?
- Warming hut design winners announced
- Trapped crane operator rescued from fire by helicopter
- Gas line strike in Saskatoon