February 10, 2011
Launch of National Engineering Month website geared to students
Students now have access to a revamped online resource for learning about career opportunities in engineering with the launch of the National Engineering Month website.
Engineers Canada said the redesigned website will promote learning about the different types of engineering and how engineers use creativity and problem-solving skills. Along with a 2011 event listing for each province and territory, the website features engineer profiles, examples of great Canadian engineering achievements and games and puzzles.
Organized by the profession’s 12 provincial and territorial regulatory bodies, teachers, faculties, volunteers and university students, National Engineering Month is an annual celebration of Canadian engineering excellence that promotes engineering as a career choice to youth.
During March, events such as design competitions, robotics demonstrations and science and engineering fairs will teach students how to use math, science, technology and creativity to generate things that were once thought impossible.
Yes Mag, an award-winning Canadian youth science magazine, is the official sponsor of the National Engineering Month website. Partners are the Association of Consulting Engineering Companies-Canada, Canadian Academy of Engineering, Engineering Institute of Canada and the Canadian Federation of Engineering Students. The website address is: www.nem-mng.ca.
DCN News Services
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin