February 4, 2011
Construction continues on the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 building in Waterloo, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work progresses on the exterior of the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 Building in Waterloo, Ont.
Aecon Buildings is constructing the five-storey, 115,000 square-foot concrete structure on an existing campus parking lot. The facility will house wet and dry labs for graduate research work, offices, seminar rooms and designated administrative space.
The project is scheduled for completion in spring 2011 and the architect is Diamond and Schmitt Architects Inc.
U of W Project Team
Consultants on the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 Building are Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); MTE Consultants Inc. (civil); MCW Consultants Ltd. (mechanical/electrical); GSP Group Inc. (planning & landscape) and Randal Brown & Associates Ltd. (life & fire protection). Subtrades include: York Excavating; Avenue Builders (concrete structure form work); Rush Steel Fabrication & Design Ltd (misc metal); The Roberts Group Inc. (mechanical/electrical); Albrecht Reinforcing Steel Ltd.; Hogg Fuel & Supply Ltd (concrete); Hy-Grade Precast (precast stairs); George & Asmussen Limited (masonry); Upper Canada Speciality Hardware; C & H Fire Suppression Systems Inc.; Noram Enterprises Inc.(curtainwall supply/Install); M W McGill (louver); Shear Metal Products (siding); Brantco Construction (asphalt); Canadian Washroom Products; Capital Drywall Systems; Cooksville Steel (structural steel penthouse); F&M Caulkin Limited (fire caulking/joint sealant); G.A. Door & Hardware; Nedlaw Roofing; Selyan’s Flooring & Interiors; Tam-Kal Limited (sheet metal); Vibro-Acoustics (floating floor); and Delta Elevator.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job