February 4, 2011
Construction continues on the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 building in Waterloo, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work progresses on the exterior of the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 Building in Waterloo, Ont.
Aecon Buildings is constructing the five-storey, 115,000 square-foot concrete structure on an existing campus parking lot. The facility will house wet and dry labs for graduate research work, offices, seminar rooms and designated administrative space.
The project is scheduled for completion in spring 2011 and the architect is Diamond and Schmitt Architects Inc.
U of W Project Team
Consultants on the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 Building are Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); MTE Consultants Inc. (civil); MCW Consultants Ltd. (mechanical/electrical); GSP Group Inc. (planning & landscape) and Randal Brown & Associates Ltd. (life & fire protection). Subtrades include: York Excavating; Avenue Builders (concrete structure form work); Rush Steel Fabrication & Design Ltd (misc metal); The Roberts Group Inc. (mechanical/electrical); Albrecht Reinforcing Steel Ltd.; Hogg Fuel & Supply Ltd (concrete); Hy-Grade Precast (precast stairs); George & Asmussen Limited (masonry); Upper Canada Speciality Hardware; C & H Fire Suppression Systems Inc.; Noram Enterprises Inc.(curtainwall supply/Install); M W McGill (louver); Shear Metal Products (siding); Brantco Construction (asphalt); Canadian Washroom Products; Capital Drywall Systems; Cooksville Steel (structural steel penthouse); F&M Caulkin Limited (fire caulking/joint sealant); G.A. Door & Hardware; Nedlaw Roofing; Selyan’s Flooring & Interiors; Tam-Kal Limited (sheet metal); Vibro-Acoustics (floating floor); and Delta Elevator.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant