February 4, 2011
Construction continues on the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 building in Waterloo, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work progresses on the exterior of the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 Building in Waterloo, Ont.
Aecon Buildings is constructing the five-storey, 115,000 square-foot concrete structure on an existing campus parking lot. The facility will house wet and dry labs for graduate research work, offices, seminar rooms and designated administrative space.
The project is scheduled for completion in spring 2011 and the architect is Diamond and Schmitt Architects Inc.
U of W Project Team
Consultants on the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 Building are Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); MTE Consultants Inc. (civil); MCW Consultants Ltd. (mechanical/electrical); GSP Group Inc. (planning & landscape) and Randal Brown & Associates Ltd. (life & fire protection). Subtrades include: York Excavating; Avenue Builders (concrete structure form work); Rush Steel Fabrication & Design Ltd (misc metal); The Roberts Group Inc. (mechanical/electrical); Albrecht Reinforcing Steel Ltd.; Hogg Fuel & Supply Ltd (concrete); Hy-Grade Precast (precast stairs); George & Asmussen Limited (masonry); Upper Canada Speciality Hardware; C & H Fire Suppression Systems Inc.; Noram Enterprises Inc.(curtainwall supply/Install); M W McGill (louver); Shear Metal Products (siding); Brantco Construction (asphalt); Canadian Washroom Products; Capital Drywall Systems; Cooksville Steel (structural steel penthouse); F&M Caulkin Limited (fire caulking/joint sealant); G.A. Door & Hardware; Nedlaw Roofing; Selyan’s Flooring & Interiors; Tam-Kal Limited (sheet metal); Vibro-Acoustics (floating floor); and Delta Elevator.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project