February 2, 2011
Construction continues on San Francisco by the Bay condos in Pickering, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work is moving along for the San Francisco by the Bay condominiums phase one in Pickering, Ont.
Construction manager TMG Builders began the 16-storey, 235-unit building in October 2010 and it will have an exercise facility, party room, indoor pool, retail on the ground floor and two levels of underground parking. The owner is Chestnut Hill Homes and the project was designed by Kirkor Architects & Planners.
Consultants are NCK Engineering Ltd. (structural) and M.V. Shore Associates (1993) Ltd. (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Roni Excavating; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc.; Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd.; Verdi Alliance (formwork); Global Precast; CBM/St. Marys (concrete); Cesan Mechanical Systems Ltd.; Panson Electrical Services Ltd.; Schindler Elevators and Quest Window Systems Inc.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)