October 28, 2010
Work continues on Absolute World Tower Four condos in Mississauga, Ontario
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work spins its way upwards at the Absolute World Tower Four condominiums in Mississauga, Ont. Fernbrook Homes/Cityzen is the developer of the 56-storey, 430-unit project, which includes six levels of underground parking.
The project was designed by Burka Architects.
Consultants are: Sigmund Soudack & Associates Inc. (structural); ECE Group (mechanical/electrical); and NAK Design Group (landscape). Subtrades include: Costa Earthmoving Inc. (excavation); Faga Group (under slab drainage); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Premform (formwork); Gilbert Steel Ltd. (rebar); Innocon Inc. (concrete supply); Mayfair Electric Ltd.; and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 541 projects with a total value of $2,992,674,310 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$290,000,000 North York ON Prebid
$105,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Prebid
$75,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)