October 27, 2010
Aecon continues construction on engineering building at University of Waterloo
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work moves along on the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 Building in Waterloo, Ont. Aecon Buildings is constructing the five-storey, 115,000 square-foot concrete structure on an existing campus parking lot.
The facility will house wet and dry labs for graduate research work, offices, seminar rooms and designated administrative space. The project is scheduled for completion in spring 2011.
The architect on the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 Building in Waterloo, Ont is Diamond and Schmitt Architects Inc. Consultants are Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); MTE Consultants Inc. (civil); MCW Consultants Ltd. (mechanical/electrical); GSP Group Inc. (planning & landscape) and Randal Brown & Associates Ltd. (life & fire protection). Subtrades include: York Excavating; Avenue Builders (concrete structure form work); Rush Steel Fabrication & Design Ltd (misc metal); The Roberts Group Inc. (mechanical/electrical); Albrecht Reinforcing Steel Ltd.; Hogg Fuel & Supply Ltd (concrete); Hy-Grade Precast (precast stairs); George & Asmussen Limited (masonry); Upper Canada Speciality Hardware; C & H Fire Suppression Systems Inc.; Noram Enterprises Inc.(curtainwall supply/Install); M W McGill (louver); Shear Metal Products (siding); Brantco Construction (asphalt); Canadian Washroom Products; Capital Drywall Systems; Cooksville Steel (structural steel penthouse); F&M Caulkin Limited (fire caulking/joint sealant); G.A. Door & Hardware; Nedlaw Roofing; Selyan’s Flooring & Interiors; Tam-Kal Limited (sheet metal); Vibro-Acoustics (floating floor); and Delta Elevator.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 381 projects with a total value of $3,359,995,864 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$60,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- $700 million raised for GTA cricket stadium
- Hamilton’s Gore Park makeover underway
- Chazy Glass Work
- What is key in contractor and supplier relations?
- New Brunswick to invest in Loyalist House
- Greco Aluminum Railings secures railing system work in New Jersey
- Nova Scotia issues tender to replace earthen dyke
- Bouygues Energies & Services acquires Plan Group
- Journal of Commerce to launch new website
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of 21st, 2014
- Apprentices square off at B.C. boilermaker competition
- Report urges WorkSafeBC to overhaul the way it investigates
- Vancouver Island landmark undergoing major renovations
- Creation of a free trade zone within Canada being explored
- RFP process brings heavy demands
- False Creek's New Beginning
- European apprenticeships examined
- Kenney sees harmonized training progress
- Nunavut deep sea port seen as important to Arctic