October 27, 2010
Aecon continues construction on engineering building at University of Waterloo
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work moves along on the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 Building in Waterloo, Ont. Aecon Buildings is constructing the five-storey, 115,000 square-foot concrete structure on an existing campus parking lot.
The facility will house wet and dry labs for graduate research work, offices, seminar rooms and designated administrative space. The project is scheduled for completion in spring 2011.
The architect on the University of Waterloo’s Engineering 6 Building in Waterloo, Ont is Diamond and Schmitt Architects Inc. Consultants are Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); MTE Consultants Inc. (civil); MCW Consultants Ltd. (mechanical/electrical); GSP Group Inc. (planning & landscape) and Randal Brown & Associates Ltd. (life & fire protection). Subtrades include: York Excavating; Avenue Builders (concrete structure form work); Rush Steel Fabrication & Design Ltd (misc metal); The Roberts Group Inc. (mechanical/electrical); Albrecht Reinforcing Steel Ltd.; Hogg Fuel & Supply Ltd (concrete); Hy-Grade Precast (precast stairs); George & Asmussen Limited (masonry); Upper Canada Speciality Hardware; C & H Fire Suppression Systems Inc.; Noram Enterprises Inc.(curtainwall supply/Install); M W McGill (louver); Shear Metal Products (siding); Brantco Construction (asphalt); Canadian Washroom Products; Capital Drywall Systems; Cooksville Steel (structural steel penthouse); F&M Caulkin Limited (fire caulking/joint sealant); G.A. Door & Hardware; Nedlaw Roofing; Selyan’s Flooring & Interiors; Tam-Kal Limited (sheet metal); Vibro-Acoustics (floating floor); and Delta Elevator.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin