LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
October 26, 2010
Hochtief AG secures Golden Gate Bridge deal
German construction company Hochtief AG says a consortium led by its U.S. subsidiary will build a new access road to San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge in a $1 billion US deal.
The company said Friday that California authorities have published a notice of intent to award the project to build, operate and maintain Presidio Parkway to a consortium around Hochtief PPP Solutions North America.
Presidio Parkway is intended to replace the current southern access road to the bridge.
Hochtief said the plan is for its consortium to be awarded the contract in December at the latest.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding