October 20, 2010
Work continues on Centro condos in Scarborough, Ontario
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Exterior work has reached the top floors of the Centro residential condominium project in Scarborough, Ont. Construction manager Dominus Construction Group began the two 31-storey towers in April 2008.
The work also includes 16 townhouses and four levels of parking.
The Centro project was designed by IBI Group Architects. Consultants are Read Jones Christoffersen Consulting Engineers (structural) and Jain and Associates (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Costa Earthmoving Inc. (excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd. Gilbert Steel Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); RES Precast; Innocon Inc. (concrete); D. Zentil Mechanical Ltd. Mayfair Electric Ltd.; Allan Window Systems Inc.; Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd.; and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 541 projects with a total value of $2,992,674,310 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$290,000,000 North York ON Prebid
$105,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Prebid
$75,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)