October 20, 2010
Design firm Stantec acquires Street Smarts engineering company
North American design firm Stantec has acquired the assets of Street Smarts, a 60-person transportation and civil engineering company headquartered in Duluth, Georgia. The addition of this Atlanta-area firm further develops Stantec’s existing transportation practice in Georgia and the southeastern U.S.
“Street Smarts is a very good fit for our transportation practice,” says Bob Gomes, Stantec president and chief executive officer.
“It has an impressive 20-year track record in Georgia spanning commercial development to state-wide transportation projects and will help build our capabilities in this growing transportation market.”
Street Smarts president Marsha Anderson Bomar said Stantec’s reputation in transportation and sustainable design “connects us to a whole new system of resources for our clients.
“We’ll be able to leverage its extensive design resources with our experience, weaving our networks together to branch into new areas and markets that we could not have reached on our own.”
Stantec currently has offices in McDonough and Macon, Georgia. The company’s transportation group provides comprehensive planning, engineering and infrastructure management services for the aviation, bridge, rail, roadway and transit sectors. The addition of Street Smarts is Stantec’s ninth acquisition of the year.
Stantec provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Halton Reg ON Prebid
$191,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$144,000,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex