October 15, 2010
Preliminary design team chosen for Toronto’s Pan Am village
Planning work for the section of the West Don Lands that will be home to Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games athletes’ village moves forward with the selection of the planning, design and compliance team.
The team consists of HOK|Montgomery Sisam|DTAH|Quadrangle Architects|Populous in collaboration.
It is responsible for developing “output” specifications and preliminary design documents for the project, which will be undertaken under Infrastructure Ontario’s alternative finance and procurement model.
The next step in the process will be a request for qualifications to select a short list of teams who will be asked to submit a response to a request for proposals to design, build and finance the project.
Construction is expected to get under way in early 2012.
The design for the village will be based on Waterfront Toronto’s vision for a green, modern and vibrant new community as outlined in the West Don Lands precinct plan. After the Games, the village area will become a predominantly residential neighbourhood that includes affordable housing.
Infrastructure Ontario, Waterfront Toronto and the Ontario Realty Corp. (ORC) are working with Toronto 2015 to develop the section of West Don Lands that will be home to the athletes’ village. Remediation and site preparation work is under way.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin