October 14, 2010
TELUS Centre for Peformance and Learning receives award of excellence
The Royal Conservatory TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning has received the award of excellence at the recent 36th Annual Heritage Toronto Awards.
The awards celebrate outstanding contributions by individuals and community organizations, as well as industry professionals and associations, in promoting and conserving Toronto’s history and heritage landmarks.
The team involved in the top award-winning project, commissioned by The Royal Conservatory of Music, was architect Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects, consulting heritage architect Goldsmith Borgal & Company Ltd. Architects and contractor Clifford Restoration Ltd.
An award of merit went to the Allstream Centre at the Exhibition Place grounds for work commissioned by Exhibition Place. This project team included architect NORR Limited, heritage consultants Andre Scheinman; E.R.A. Architects Inc., James Bailey Architect and contractors Vanbots Construction Corp. and Clifford Restoration Ltd.
A second merit award when to a residence at 82 Lowther Ave. for work that was commissioned by the Brandt Family Trust. The architect was Douglas Lawrence and the contractors Heather & Little Ltd. and Clifford Restoration Ltd.
An honourable mention went to the Bloor Gladstone Branch Library for work commissioned by the Toronto Public Library. The project team included architect RDH Architects Inc., heritage consultant Shoalts & Zaback Architects Inc., E.R.A. Architects Inc. and the contractor Pre-Eng Contracting Ltd.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Halton Reg ON Prebid
$191,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$144,000,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex