October 14, 2010
TELUS Centre for Peformance and Learning receives award of excellence
The Royal Conservatory TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning has received the award of excellence at the recent 36th Annual Heritage Toronto Awards.
The awards celebrate outstanding contributions by individuals and community organizations, as well as industry professionals and associations, in promoting and conserving Toronto’s history and heritage landmarks.
The team involved in the top award-winning project, commissioned by The Royal Conservatory of Music, was architect Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects, consulting heritage architect Goldsmith Borgal & Company Ltd. Architects and contractor Clifford Restoration Ltd.
An award of merit went to the Allstream Centre at the Exhibition Place grounds for work commissioned by Exhibition Place. This project team included architect NORR Limited, heritage consultants Andre Scheinman; E.R.A. Architects Inc., James Bailey Architect and contractors Vanbots Construction Corp. and Clifford Restoration Ltd.
A second merit award when to a residence at 82 Lowther Ave. for work that was commissioned by the Brandt Family Trust. The architect was Douglas Lawrence and the contractors Heather & Little Ltd. and Clifford Restoration Ltd.
An honourable mention went to the Bloor Gladstone Branch Library for work commissioned by the Toronto Public Library. The project team included architect RDH Architects Inc., heritage consultant Shoalts & Zaback Architects Inc., E.R.A. Architects Inc. and the contractor Pre-Eng Contracting Ltd.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding