October 14, 2010
TELUS Centre for Peformance and Learning receives award of excellence
The Royal Conservatory TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning has received the award of excellence at the recent 36th Annual Heritage Toronto Awards.
The awards celebrate outstanding contributions by individuals and community organizations, as well as industry professionals and associations, in promoting and conserving Toronto’s history and heritage landmarks.
The team involved in the top award-winning project, commissioned by The Royal Conservatory of Music, was architect Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects, consulting heritage architect Goldsmith Borgal & Company Ltd. Architects and contractor Clifford Restoration Ltd.
An award of merit went to the Allstream Centre at the Exhibition Place grounds for work commissioned by Exhibition Place. This project team included architect NORR Limited, heritage consultants Andre Scheinman; E.R.A. Architects Inc., James Bailey Architect and contractors Vanbots Construction Corp. and Clifford Restoration Ltd.
A second merit award when to a residence at 82 Lowther Ave. for work that was commissioned by the Brandt Family Trust. The architect was Douglas Lawrence and the contractors Heather & Little Ltd. and Clifford Restoration Ltd.
An honourable mention went to the Bloor Gladstone Branch Library for work commissioned by the Toronto Public Library. The project team included architect RDH Architects Inc., heritage consultant Shoalts & Zaback Architects Inc., E.R.A. Architects Inc. and the contractor Pre-Eng Contracting Ltd.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$353,800,000 North York ON Prebid
$90,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$68,000,000 Oakville ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)